Baked Ham and Smoked Gouda Sliders
- 12 dinner or Hawaiian rolls
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 12 slices smoked ham
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Wisconsin smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Wisconsin parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes, optional
Heat oven to 350°F.
Slice dinner rolls in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on sheet pan. Spread with apricot preserves. Place 1 folded slice of ham on each dinner roll. Top with shredded smoked gouda. Cover with tops of rolls.
Melt butter in small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Add mustard, onion flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Brush mixture over roll tops. Sprinkle with parmesan and chile flakes, if desired.
Bake 20 minutes, or until sliders are warmed through and cheese is melted.
Sliders may be made 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Recipe ©2005 Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.